Thursday 26 May 2016

A Sevenoaks twitch

No, not THAT twitch. Oriental Turtle Dove is not on my list. I had a very VERY busy time towards the end of April/start of May. But I did go out for a couple of hours on Saturday 30th and bagged myself the lovely Wood Warbler that showed up at the wildlife reserve.


I went the wrong way at first, not realising the warbler was not quite on the reserve itself - found it by its song but couldn't see it and had to retrace my steps and take a different route. On the way I found this Great Crested Grebe and this Grey Heron.


I easily located the Wood Warbler then and spent rather too long taking pics of it. A lovely and most obliging little bird. Then onto the main reserve, where I hoped to find the Green Sandpiper reported the day before, but I didn't.





What I did find was lots of warblers - here two Blackcaps, two Chiffchaffs and (a first for the year) Garden Warbler.

Another welcome 2016 first - an alderfly. Love these creatures with their wingveins and docile nature.


No waders from Tyler hide but I enjoyed watching this Greylag family, and this hyperactive Rabbit.

No comments: